Online Casino: Things You Must Know
Previous
RANDOM
Blackjack Technique from the Pro
Next
Online Betting Tips

Blackjack Insurance: Can it help you win the game

by casinosearch88August 16, 2016
RESPONSIVE AD

Have you ever heard of Blackjack Insurance? In fact, many casinos do offer blackjack insurance for their casino players and this include the online casino as well. One of the most feared situation for many casino players is when the dealer draw a blackjack. Whenever this happen, the casino players will lose all their bets even if they have blackjack themselves. Therefore, blackjack insurance is offered in order to be fair to the casino players. It offers one of the best way to prevent you losing all your bets to the blackjack dealer.

The inexperience casino players would treat the blackjack insurance as a surrender option. Most of these players will utilize this option when they get hands such as 12’s or 13’s. In order to truly learn how to play the game of blackjack, you must learn how to use blackjack insurance. Or else, you will be wasting a lot of your money by placing your blackjack bets.

What Does it Mean to Surrender in Blackjack

The blackjack insurance can be used to surrender your hand after you are dealt with the first two cards. Casino players may utilize the blackjack insurance in two ways. One of it can be done by telling the dealer verbally that you would like to surrender your hand. The other way would be putting your finger on the layout and move it from right to left. The dealer will understand this signal as they are the preferred signal accepted by most casinos. If you opt to forfeit your chance of playing the hand, the dealer will take half of your bet immediately.

However, not all casinos will offer blackjack insurance to their casino players. It is best to take a quick look at the rule card or ask the dealer if this option is allowed. Some players might view the blackjack insurance as a coward’s way out of the game. In fact, this technique can increase your chances of walking away with your money instead of losing all of it if you use it properly.

When to Surrender Your Hand

One of the most obvious reason for using blackjack insurance is when you have a slim chance of winning your hand. This will usually happen when the odds are not in your favor. Therefore, it would only be logical if you only lose half of your bet instead of losing it all. The rule of thumb when using blackjack insurance is when your chances of winning is less than 25%.  This also means that the casino has a 50% or more chance of winning the hand and getting all your bet. The following are the key takeaway for surrendering your hand:

  • If you are dealt with a 16 and the dealer has an up card of a 9, 10, Face card or Ace
  • If you are dealt with a 15 and the dealer has an up card of a 10 or Face card

Casino players should not surrender their hand when they are dealt with a soft 15 or 16 or even an eight pair. The Ace in blackjack can be counted as 11 but you can still add more cards to it without the fear of busting. When the dealer has an Ace for an up card, the casino player cannot surrender until he checks for blackjack. In the event when there are no blackjack, and the casino player have a 15 or 16, they may or may not surrender. Anyway, it is not advisable to use the blackjack insurance under these situation since the house end at this point is not greater than 50%.

What are the Odds of Winning Blackjack Insurance Bets?

The blackjack insurance will be an option where it can save the casino players from losing money when the dealer draws a natural blackjack. Using this option, the players will eventually get back their original bets and not lose all their money when the dealer draws a blackjack. However, there are many debates among the blackjack expert in using blackjack insurance. Some of them are saying that it is bad for their blackjack odds. Therefore, it should never be included as part of their blackjack strategy.

In order for a natural blackjack, the dealer has to have a 10 in the hole. This would also mean that you are able to break even with your insurance bet. For this kind of bets, the odds of it happening will be 31% in a single deck game. In the same event, the odds for the dealer not getting natural blackjack and get any other nine cards is 69%. This also mean that your odds for losing your insurance bet will increase under these situation.

Conclusion

By looking at these odds, it does show that taking blackjack insurance is actually not a wise strategy. It might even cause you to end up losing more money. Even when the casino players manage to win the insurance four times and eventually lose it for another nine time. They will still not be able to break even and end up losing more money than expected. This would only profit the casino and that is why they like players betting on blackjack insurance.

What's your reaction?
I Love It
100%
Cool
0%
It's OK
0%
What?
0%
I'm Sad
0%
I Hate It
0%

Leave a Response

Credits by The Team of CasinoSearch88®